Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

monkey


I saw him at the main bazaar street or the temple street as its known.
he was dark, smiley and wore clothes that made him look like'he'd stepped out of a mythological tv serial. like ramayan, or mahabharat. But he was great fun, he ran around, troubled a few foreigners and was generally having a blast. He was quite a performer, and soon his antics made me smile, which was my undoing, because he pounced on me immediately. "give me money" he say. No way. I back off. "give me something , i'm hungry" hmm hunger is always a problem. Okay i'll buy you food. try to take him to a dosa place. Oh no.. he wants to eat a the steak joint. That would set me back by 300 bucks.. no way. I say no. "Okay buy me something," he says. And, what does he choose, a picture of Hanuman-costs 45 bucks which I part with readily. Gireesh takes a picture. happy monkey. lovely monkey. I'm feeling kind and sweet and happy and the jackie chan interview almost happened. We are all set to meet jackie and the horrible mallika sherawat the next day, as well as the chinese director. all is full of love. And, while walking in the village in the evening with Deep, who do I see but my little monkey and what is he doing? begging , and this time with the hanuman picture that I've bought him. I contributed to his begging whether I wanted to or not. Silly monkey-but atleast he was a smart monkey. Actor saala.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]